The Tavern on the Square

A blog that comes from the heart of a wonderful little restaurant in a beautiful little town of New Wilmington, Pennsylvania. 724-946-2020 We are a Casual Fine Dining Establishment with amazing food, reasonable prices, great service in a delightful atmosphere. Come visit us soon.

Sunday, February 15, 2009


I have to tell you about my Valentine.
His name is Joe. Joe is my husband. He is the leader of my family. If you asked Joe, he would say he is just an ordinary man..but believe me..he is no ordinary Joe!
Joe is a quiet, hard working, honest, trustworthy, man. He is my rock. I wish so badly he could be out front and hear the wonderful things I get to hear at the Tavern but his work is behind the scenes. He's the guy that's probably cooking your food here. He makes the cobbler and the sticky buns. He cooks the steaks and the pork chops and makes the scalloped potatoes and the soups. He is such a hard working man. Joe and I have been married for almost 20 years and I have never been more in love with him, then I am today. He has shown such incredibly deep love to me,like that knight in shining armor on the white horse that every little girl dreams about, by buying and opening up this restaurant.
You see, Joe's not a risk taker. He enjoyed living a quiet little life, in our little piece of the world we lived in. He never dreamed of bigger things. He was happy just being. It was me, that God poured vision into. It was me that God told to go and do. Joe believed, but as I talked about before in this blog, it was the hardest thing he'd ever done times a zillion! Joe doesn't get in a boat, and paddle away from shore into the middle of the ocean. He likes the land.. A LOT! : )
I will never, ever, ever forget what he's done for me. I will always give him the respect and appreciation that he deserves. He is the strongest, manliest,amazing husband that I ever dreamed of having. Joe..I love you with a love that is indescribable. God brought us together. He molded us, grew us, refined us and made us into what we are today. With God as our glue that holds us together..nothing can tear us apart. God is our superglue!!! : ) I love you my sweet man. I love you.
You will forever be.. My Valentine. SLH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home