The Tavern on the Square

A blog that comes from the heart of a wonderful little restaurant in a beautiful little town of New Wilmington, Pennsylvania. 724-946-2020 We are a Casual Fine Dining Establishment with amazing food, reasonable prices, great service in a delightful atmosphere. Come visit us soon.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Book Club! Anyone Interested?




I have decided on our first book for the Tavern Book Club! It is called "The Shack" and was written by William Young. I first heard of this book from The Ayers family. Becky told me how much her dad loved the book and talked about the freedom he found through it. After Rob Ayers died, I received a copy of "The Shack" in the mail, along with a note from Rob's family. After talking to Joyce, I found out that Rob's family mailed (at last count) 400 of these books out to friends and family. What a wonderful testimony and witness to Rob's faith!
The Shack is a book that will stir your heart and touch your soul! It is the kind of book that you want to read more than once because there's sooooo much to think about! It's like taking a bite of your favorite dessert after fasting for a month! The first bite you hardly chew, it's so good, but the second bite you eat more slowly and savor it. MMMMM That' show I feel about "The Shack"! It's so wonderful!
Now..I am really, REALLY excited to start this book club! We are going to meet, one night of the week, (probably around 7:00 pm) in the Library at the Tavern! I am going to make a few posters to hang up and see how many responses we get! When we get a good group together, we will begin!
So, I need to know.. Who is interested? Would you like to read this book and then discuss it in a group setting, with some great people? We'll provide refreshments (STICKY BUNS!!!!!!) if you come!
Just send me an email (thetavernonthesquare.gmail.com) if you are interested!
Enjoy the Sunshine today! It's so beautiful! Susan



2 Comments:

Blogger E. Martha Strupkus said...

My church newletter also announced a book club discussion of "The Shack" but failed to mention the author -- so thamk you for filling in that blank. Do you know WHERE it is being sold? I know I know I could do an on line search but I like to spend locally.

June 3, 2009 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger susan hougelman said...

Elayne, we are selling it at the Tavern if you are interested! Just stop in and pick one up in the lobby! Susan

June 5, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home