The Tavern on the Square

A blog that comes from the heart of a wonderful little restaurant in a beautiful little town of New Wilmington, Pennsylvania. 724-946-2020 We are a Casual Fine Dining Establishment with amazing food, reasonable prices, great service in a delightful atmosphere. Come visit us soon.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Great News! Great people and a Great new place!



The inspector from the Dept. of Agriculture came today and guess what? She LOVED the Tavern on the Square!! She gave us very high marks and she talked and talked about how nice the place was! She gave us the thumbs up to open on Monday! She said she wanted to come and bring her daughters to eat here! YEAH!!!!! We were so relieved and so very happy. We felt like dancing. That was a big hurdle that we had to get past..just making sure everything was up to par and done right! Oh friends, thank you so much for your prayers! I had such a peace wash over me this morning and I felt so calm and my fears and anxieties really did go away! We are ready to roll!!
Before I go to be tonight, I have to share with you three things that are on my mind. I met two amazing people today.
The first person I met was named Paul. He works at Staples. He was rubbing his jaw as he rang me out on his register. I asked him if he was okay. He said his jaw hurt. He had metal plates in it. It was then that I noticed many scars all along his jaw and neck and even all over his cheeks. He told me that he was in a car accident a few years ago. He was hit head on by a truck. He almost died. He was in a coma for two days. I asked him if he remembered anything about the accident. He said that he was eating a burrito from Taco Bell, right when his car was hit. When he awoke from the coma two days later, the first thing on his mind was, "Where's my burrito?" He was ticked off.. he wanted that burrito. He said his mom cried and laughed at the same time. I think I would do the same.
Paul then told me that he almost died at birth too. I told him that God must want Him around for a reason. He said, "Yeah, I just don't know what it is yet."
Hmmm.. Seek and ye shall find out why, Paul!
The second person I met today was an AMAZING person with an AMAZING store and a great life story! I was enamoured with her! Her name is Patricia and she owns an antique store in Elwood City called Into Antiques! Here's a link to her site! INTOANTIQUES Have you ever been there?
OH MY GOODNESS! It is like a magical place! Honestly..I felt like I was in wonderland. She has the most beautiful old pieces of furniture and other things in her store...There was just so much to look at I couldn't get it all in. But it wasn't just what she had in the store, it was how she fixed it up. It was the building itself, it was..oh, there was just something about it, I fell in love with! I had never been to an antique store in my life, but Joe and I wanted an old church pew to put in our front lobby, and a friend of ours contaced patricia and she found one for us! (it is gorgeous by the way..from the 1920's!!)
So we went to pick it up tonight, and I wanted to stay all night and talk to Patricia! She is a vibrant woman full of ideas and stories. She gave me so many great ideas for the Tavern. She told me she'd help plan my events, like the murder mystery dinners and teas and fashion shows..things like that!! She also has a little cafe inside of her antique store and hosts tea parties as well as lunches! I want to take all of my girlfriends there! A group of friends together would have so much fun!! If you ever are looking for a place to go, especially during the winter time..because she has so much inside of her store, it would take you hours to look at it all, and then you could have lunch or tea, GO TO INTO ANTIQUES!! I promise you that you won't be disappointed! She also makes cookies and decorates cakes.. haha, she really was amazing!! I hope this was a start of a relationship, because I really want to learn more from her and maybe some of her incredible giftedness will rub off on me!
Okay..so that's the second thing on my mind... the third thing I am going to write a separate post about.. It's something that I wanted to let spill from my heart. So I'm going to post this note and then the other will follow.
Thank you for reading! Thank you for listening! We are going to have so much fun being together in this community. Even if you haven't met me in person YET, we are all a part of one community! Let's get together, let's get to know each other and do AMAZING things together! Let's make this community INCREDIBLE! Let's make people feel wonderful together! Let's spread the love...come on..Pass it on! Do one kind thing for someone today! Think of something special you can do..and just do it, don't just think about it! Go ahead! Make someone's day better! *hug* Susan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you are reopening the Tavern!And especially for the focus on God and His goodness that is evident in your blog. I will be praying for His blessings on you and your family as you embark on this new endeavor. I'll also be looking forward to eating there!

February 5, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home