The Tavern on the Square

A blog that comes from the heart of a wonderful little restaurant in a beautiful little town of New Wilmington, Pennsylvania. 724-946-2020 We are a Casual Fine Dining Establishment with amazing food, reasonable prices, great service in a delightful atmosphere. Come visit us soon.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A bear hug!


I'd like to share with you the sweetest of stories! A few weeks ago, I posted one little sentence on Facebook. Facebook is sort of like a bulletin board where all of your facebook friends can see pictures and messages and other things you post online.
I was having a rough day that day, and if you've kept up on my blog, you know that I look at life in a positive way...I don't like to complain. But I was feeling very tired and it was a Sunday and I was missing my church family..so I wrote on Facebook, "I need a Hug."
A few days later one of my friends called me and said, "LoAnn Fairman, from Richmond Virginia, saw your message on facebook and she sent her sister,(who's from New Wilmington_ over to your place to give you a hug."
I've never met LoAnn, but she was the very first person to ever email me, when she found out we bought the Tavern. I never met LoAnn's sister either, but hey..I did need a hug! Unfortunately I wasn't around at the time Ronee came over to give me that hug. *I think we must have been in the basement, because we NEVER left the Tavern for those two months!!)
BUT.. Today, I got my hug! Ronee came to the Tavern and said, "Are you Susan?" I said, "Yes!" She said I owe you a hug. Then she gave me a warm, sweet hug!
Awwww! Oh...I am just in awe of the beauty of living in a small town. I am in awe of the beauty inside people. When you just let go..and give love... *sigh*
It's absolutely incredible!
I love you all so much. I love what I am doing here. I love giving this restaurant to this community! I love how people have been coming in and saying thank-you. Thank you for bringing her back to life. Oh my friends, the best is yet to come! We have so much more we are going to give to you. We've got to get the running of the restaurant to be more smooth. We've got to make it good..we've got to learn to work together. Joe and I have to build our team and make it stronger. We've got to lay the foundation and make it solid! THEN.... You just wait and see what comes from it!
We are all in this together! YOu know that! You have shown us what true community is. You have shown us support and encouragement and love! The Tavern is YOUR restaurant!!!! I want you to be so proud of it!!
Oh, I am so excited! My heart is so bubbly!
Friends please don't stop praying for us. Keep praying for my family. Keep praying that the Tavern is used for God's Glory! Keep praying that we can bless people through it! Thank you soooo much! May you have a day filled with God's amazing Grace! Your friend, Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home